I’m still getting my feet wet learning everything I can about Down syndrome. (Read the story of my sweet Molly here.) I recently learned about a great event sponsored by the National Down Syndrome Society – the Buddy Walk on Washington, February 7 & 8, 2011.
The Buddy Walk on Washington will be a powerful way for the Down syndrome community to:
- Send a strong message from the Down syndrome community about important national policy goals, including improvements for education, research, healthcare and more
- Meet and create positive relationships with policy makers
- Educate elected officials about the strengths and needs of their constituents with Down syndrome
- Connect with other Down syndrome advocates from around the country
- Learn new strategies for successful advocacy
If you’d like to learn more about how you can participate, check out the Buddy Walk on Washington site or stop by their Facebook page. If you are interested in attending, act soon – the registration deadline is January 10th!
**I received no compensation for this post. I’m sharing this information with you because it’s a cause close to my heart.**