“Moms using social media to help Moms in need this Mother’s Day! Isn’t that what Mother’s Day is all about?”
With a tagline like that…. how could you *not* want to get involved?!
Americans will spend approximately $14.6 billion this year on gifts for Mother’s Day, according to the National Retail Federation. Despite this celebration of motherhood, hundreds of thousands of women worldwide die during pregnancy and childbirth — 1 out of 5 moms die in the United States. The US ranks 50th in terms of maternal health care, meaning that 49 other countries provide better care.
Did you know?
- One maternal death every 90 seconds.
- 15% of all pregnancies result in complications during labor and delivery and sometimes are fatal.
- Pregnancy is the biggest killer of girls ages 15-19.
- For every woman who dies in childbirth, 20 more suffer from debilitating complications.
- We have the knowledge to prevent 90% of all maternal deaths.
Moms4Moms asks: what if 1% of that $14.6 billion could be given to this cause?
Join organizer, Holly Pavlika, and twelve influential bloggers tonight for the Moms4Moms Twitter event and learn how you can get involved. Follow along with the hashtag #Moms4Moms from 9-11pm EST.
Be sure and check out the Moms4Moms Facebook page for how you can participate in supporting this great cause.
** I received no compensation for this post. I’m participating in this Twitter event because it’s fun and supports a great cause. I hope you’ll join me! **