I think my favorite breakout session at SheCon’11 last week was the video blogging seminar with Murray Izenwasser of Biztegra. If you’re a regular follower here, you know I’m slowly making my way into the video blogging world, so I enjoyed listening and learning from Murray. His presentation was informative, fun and inspiring. I think everyone left the room motivated to start integrating video into their sites!
Here are some highlights and tips from Murray Izenwasser’s session –
- Video blogging is about making a connection by looking into one’s eyes, rather than just reading text
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world (How crazy is that?!)
- Video can rank within approx 10 seconds of posting via Google
- Keyword strategy is vital in regard to creating videos
- Consider syndication for your videos, there is a cost – but it’s worth it (more traffic and exposure!)
Murray also had a fantastic list of key tips for beginners wanting to start video blogging –
- Keep it simple!
- Be yourself
- Don’t spend a lot of money, authentic is best!
- Tag, title and describe appropriately
- And don’t stop!
Murray took video of his entire session and hopes to have it online soon. I’ll be sure and share the links here when it’s posted!
Stay tuned this afternoon as my video blog featuring the 2011 Buick Enclave! I’m learning more each day when it comes to video blogging, but just like Murray says….once you start doing it, don’t stop!
Have you tried video blogging yet? What tips do you have for others? What do you like/dislike about video blogging? Share with us!