Everyone deserves a night out – especially moms! More than often, I put myself last on my priority list. I need to remember that it’s important to have time away from my girls and not to feel selfish about it. Saturday night was girls night out and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Things have been busy lately and I’ve been in need of some serious “me” time and these girls delivered an unforgettable night.
A few things I learned from my night out:
- Wine is always better when you are surrounded by friends.
- Some people keep a bottle of hot sauce in their desk drawer at work.
- Just because you have a dinner reservation, doesn’t mean you are going to get seated right away.
- You never know when someone will recognize you from your blog. (A friend of a friend who blogs was recognized by one of her readers while attending a festival in Oregon…and she lives in Florida!)
- Don’t be afraid to tell your server that you can’t decide what to order and let them pick for you. It could turn out to be delicious! You are brave, NT!
- Never ask a random man at the bar if you are friends on Twitter.
- A friend is someone who knows what your all-time favorite brand of wine is without even having to ask. (For the record, it’s Cakebread Chardonnay. No, I can’t afford it and neither can my friends.)
- Sometimes you just want a burrito. (I’m not sure why, but BB asked that I include that statement in a blog post.)
- I feel very fortunate to call those crazy girls my friends.
After my night out, I feel recharged and back on track. I love that no matter how long it’s been since I’ve seen my friends, we are always able to pick right up where we left off. I’m already looking forward to our next adventure – let’s start planning, girls!
How do you recharge? What’s your idea of a fun night out?