Recipe: Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
I love breakfast. I love it even more when it’s breakfast for dinner!
This past Friday night, I served up a sausage, egg and cheese casserole for dinner that received rave reviews from my husband. We loved the cheesy mix with sausage and eggs.
This would be a great dish to take to a new mom or to share with houseguests. It’s officially on my “make again” list!
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 slices of bread (any kind)
- 1 lb. sausage
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small jar sliced mushrooms
- Cook sausage. Drain and set aside.
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk, salt, mustard and mushrooms to egg mixture.
- Line bread dishes in 9x13" greased baking dish.
- Add browned sausage and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.